For the last nine months, millions of workers across the United States have been working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the Bureau of Labor, “one-quarter of the employed teleworked in August 2020.” Whether it be a brick-and-mortar store, an online business, or a large corporation, the pandemic unknowingly offered businesses the chance to see how remote work would measure up to the daily grind of the workplace. As a result, employees have embraced working from home, and businesses have seen an overall increase in productivity. Whether you are working remotely or in a hybrid system, it is important to understand the numerous benefits of telework for employees and employers. Some of these benefits include:
What Are Some Benefits of Remote Work for Employees?
- Flexible schedules: employees choose when, where, and how to start the workday
- Higher autonomy and fewer distractions empowers employees
- Job opportunities for the disabled, students, and individuals changing professions
- Save money on wardrobe and food costs
- No commuting leads to a lower carbon footprint
What About Benefits of Remote Work for Employers?
- Increase and diversify employment, statewide or internationally
- Higher productivity and profits
- Lower employee turnover and higher employee retention
- Save money through fewer rewards/perks, such as parking spots
- Save money on office space, equipment, travel reimbursement, power, heating, and air conditioning
For many people, seeing the benefits of remote work during a crisis will alter the future of how we work. While the office is not a thing of the past, companies will have to figure out how to readjust to a new business model that supports remote and hybrid work. The benefits of remote work make this adjustment an appealing long-term option, rather than just a short-term solution.
Our team of technical writers at Essential Data can personalize a contingency plan on working from home that will guarantee to keep your business on track, contact us today to get started. (800) 221-0093 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Written by Kimberly Jones