It is essential to make sure that the project is meeting all expectations and goals it set out to achieve. Developers, engineers, and stakeholders may say that the project meets all requirements and standards, can be built on time and under budget, and that its design fulfills all set objectives. However, it is always beneficial to have another set of eyes look over the design before beginning full steam ahead. This additional consultant should be a trusted party that will make certain that the project meets all of its goals without adding anything extra, which would cost your company resources but not add any value to the project. This is where having an Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) by an unbiased third party to inspect the project and recommend any changes can be incredibly beneficial.
When written by a professional technical writer, having compliance documentation for (IV&V) Independent Verification and Validation can streamline the process of implementing any changes suggested by the IV&V.
What is (IV&V) Independent Verification & Validation?
Independent Verification and Validation, or (IV&V), is a comprehensive view and inspection of a project during its development phase. Unbiased and independent third parties conduct IV&Vs through project inspection and review, as well as making suggestions. Independent Verification and Validation not only checks the project design for possible issues or unnecessary parts to the project, but also reviews items such as the time scope and budget of the project to see if they are feasible.
What Does an (IV&V) Independent Verification & Validation Cover?
An (IV&V) Independent Verification and Validation covers the entire scope of the project, including…
Budget – verifies that the project is within budget and highlights any areas that either will be over budget or can be modified to save money
Managerial – checks to ensure the correct people are in the correct role of the project, while also checking to make sure everyone involved understands their responsibilities when the project moves forward
Product Design – ensures that the project meets all goals for the end user and reviews the design to see if any features could be cut or added to better fulfill project goals
Benefits of Having Compliance Documentation for an IV&V
- Having an unbiased, independent third party to review all aspects of the project displays that the company is professional and competent, leading to greater customer loyalty
- Creates a written record of all aspects covered in the (IV&V) independent verification and validation, as well as the methods used by the organization to conduct the review
- Shows project management the actual scope of the project by having an independent, unbiased look at the project
- Creates a record of the (IV&V) independent verification and validation for future review or training purposes
- Lays out the findings of, and suggestions to, the project and how to implement them in one complete and concise technical document for all involved, thus streamlining the project
Whether you need a team of consultants to produce a complete line of documentation or a single technical writer for a brief project, Essential Data’s Engagement Manager will lead the project from start to finish. At Essential Data Corporation, the quality of our work is guaranteed. Contact us today to get started. (800) 221-0093 or email@example.com
Written by Gwen Nicastro
Table of contents
- What is (IV&V) Independent Verification & Validation?
- What Does an (IV&V) Independent Verification & Validation Cover?
- Benefits of Having Compliance Documentation for an IV&V
- Software Documentation
- Essential Data’s Expert Technical Writers Offer Solutions
- Feasibility Studies